Friday, September 18, 2009

More Houses

Last night Tamee joined in on the fun with me and my realtor. We saw five houses. The third one was mighty interesting. (And it went downhill from there.) First of all, you walked in through this fairly narrow entry hall and then entered the house through the kitchen (just a strange layout). Right away, I noticed the awesome retro countertops. They were aqua blue with the boomerang pattern and a stainless steel edge (you may have seen something like this in a diner perhaps?). But it was a nice open concept kitchen wide open to the dining room and living room beyond. The sunken living room still had very thick, very green shag carpeting. I mean you could get lost in the stuff. But it also had a great big brick fireplace and big windows out to a backyard. There was also this strange little deck off the living room; it was only about 3' deep, so you and your friends could all stand in a row and stare off into the trees I guess. But all the while, I'm thinking about how cool this place could be if I could get my hands on it and clean/fix it up. The bedrooms all had interesting color schemes and carpeting, but there is cork underneath all the carpet which could be pretty cool. My realtor had taken one look at the bathroom and just shut the door saying he'd save the best for last. It was a marvel to behold. Aqua- bright aqua- tub, sink and toilet. Wow! So, I don't really know what to say about this place. It would obviously be a big project, but I can also envision it finished and really loving it. My realtor called it a money pit. Can I afford to buy it and fix it up? I don't think so.

1 comment:

  1. Would have loved to have seen that bathroom...our last place had shingles. In the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete