Monday, October 12, 2009
Still Looking...
Life has been busy lately. Looking for a house feels like a part-time job! Still haven't found the right one yet, but I've been close. The one I was considering making an offer on last week, sold before I could even do it. Houses are moving very quickly now that everyone wants to get in before the November 30th deadline for the tax credit. However, I am not going to settle for a house I don't love just for a tax credit. So, I saw a couple of junkers this weekend. One was extremely dated. Every room needed updating. You could tell a man had lived there and put more time and money into his garage than the house. There was this odd dutch door into the laundry room. I was wondering if he had kept a laundress in there and just tossed his clothes in? One other house that I liked, but is over my budget had this crazy basement bathroom. (Basement bathrooms are a strange creature.) The toilet and sink were up on this platform about 12 inches above the floor and had black and white checkered tile floor. The mirror had CD's glued to the wall all around it. And the shower was just concrete block walls. And it was all open to the laundry/utility room. Can people really market these things as "second" bathrooms?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment