Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Foods

Beer cheese hush puppies


I harvested all of the remaining veggies from the garden this weekend.  It's getting too cold and I don't feel like going out to cover things up EVERY night.  So, I have lots of green tomatoes ripening in the basement and some little fingerling size yellow zucchini.  I made a few new recipes recently that helped warm up the house.  The first was beer cheese hush puppies.  I was craving deep-fried foods, and these totally fit the bill.  I've never made my own hush puppies, but they were yummy although perhaps a little too big.   The next was deep-fried zucchini slices served with some ranch dressing- perfect to feed the craving.  I'm at the point where I have lots of zucchini to use up.  I just found another recipe for cranberry zucchini bread- that will be the next item in the oven.  I also made chicken and vegetables braised in bock beer.  It smelled great in my house and the chicken was sweet and tender.  (One of my magazines had recipes that had beer in them; I don't typically cook with this much beer!)  Finally, I bought a bag of candy corn.  One of my favorite fall treats... I can just grab a handful and be happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment