Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Book Lovers Unite!
I attended the Festival of Books over the weekend. For a book nerd like me who also likes to write, this is a fabulous way to spend a Saturday. I went to five different sessions and got to hear various authors speak. I chose a wide array of topics: mystery, ultra-running, poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. It's unbelievable the number of authors who come to South Dakota for this event. To top it all off; it's free! I enjoyed listening to Leif Enger talking about Norwegian cultural norms. Having some Norwegian blood in me and growing up in the northern plains, I could relate. Scott Jurek talked about running 100+ mile races in difficult terrain, and oh by the way, he's a vegan. Roy Blount Jr. made everyone laugh with a rambling discourse about etymology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment