Thursday, October 29, 2009
Thrifty
I've come back around to thrift store shopping. I used to shop second-hand stores quite a bit growing up and in college, but after gettting a "real job" I stopped for the most part. Recently, I visited a couple stores in town and got excited about it again. The starting point came when I got this coupon in the mail offering me "buy one get one free". I found several things I liked at the place and got up to the checkout counter only to find out that it wasn't just valid on one item, but for every item I bought I got another one free. I walked out feeling like I won the lottery! After donating some of my own stuff, I also got some coupons at another store for dollars off of a certain dollar amount purchased. Again, I walked out feeling like I had gotten a great deal. (If you know our family, we tend to be all about the deal.) I also feel better knowing that I'm not contributing to the cycle of waste that occurs when I always buy new.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment