Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's in a name?

Does anyone else get really annoyed when they see a company name or product that is essentially just a misspelled word? First of all, can't they be a little more creative? Secondly, they are not helping improve the literacy of our world with these names! A few examples I can think of offhand: Citi, Xcel (Energy), Heet (the stuff you put in your gas so it doesn't freeze up)... I know there are many more. Please comment and add to my list!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I was just commenting to someone about that the other day. Like Kum N Go gas stations. Or most names of cloth baby diapers. Or when they just change the first letter of a word so both parts of the name start with the same letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. imij photography, Tote-ally Elegant (it's a purse store, or something)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of a couple more: Pizza Hut's "Tuscani Pastas" & Chick-Fil-A (who was the genius that came up with that one?)

    ReplyDelete