Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mariposas




Mom and Shelly were in town this weekend to celebrate Tamee's birthday. We went to the Butterfly House and it was nice to be in a tropical environment. I can't say I liked the butterflies flying really close to me (neither did Colton), but it was fun overall. The blue Morpho's were gorgeous and reminded me of my first night in Cuenca, Ecuador. We were going to dinner and a blue Morpho flew right in front of us. That was the only time I saw a butterfly in that city! It was way up in the mountains, so you wouldn't expect to see them there. Unfortunately they were so fast, the only shots I got of them were blurry.

1 comment:

  1. We went to one of those with Tjabe in Denver. They are pretty cool. He's gone two years in a row now and definitely liked it better when he was older. My favorite part wasn't the butterflies as much as just being in a place that was warm and humid - made me feel like the tropics! It's a nice change from the winter.

    ReplyDelete