Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Giving Thanks
I hosted the holiday at my house for the first time. It was pretty low-key. I woke up and started prepping the turkey. I had found a good recipe from our grocery store and it was fun to make. Thankfully, my mom had told me to thaw the turkey a little longer than I was originally thinking so it was easy to pull out the yucky stuff from the inside. The last time I made a turkey it was still a bit frozen on the inside and I had a very hard time pulling out the neck and gizzards. Anyway, I made the herbed butter with sage and thyme and rubbed that under the skin. Then I made the basting liquid which included orange juice and maple syrup with some chicken stock. It made the skin perfectly golden brown. Once that was in the oven, I started getting out all of the serving dishes and the other things I could prep ahead of time. It was nice to have such a relaxed morning. The family arrived around noon and we set up the buffet and then just hung out to recover from our feast! I'm thankful for time to spend with family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment