Thursday, September 6, 2012

Scary

UPDATE:
The other day, the house where I saw the story below occur was busted by the police for being a meth lab.  I feel glad that the kids are no longer in this situation, but also sad that parents would endanger their family this way.  There is something to be said for gut instinct and just knowing something wrong was happening there.


I almost saw a little boy get hit by a car last night on my way home from work.  There is this house on my typical route that seems a little sketchy.  There are usually kids hanging out outside unsupervised.  The frightening part about this is that it is located right on a busy street with not much yard to play in.  Yesterday, there was a young toddler walking about happily on the driveway.  I was concerned about this because there appears to be a lot of cast off junk in this driveway.  However, that was nothing compared to what happened next.  He began walking unsteadily towards the street and just a few steps away from speeding cars.  There was a woman sitting on the porch who didn't appear to be paying much attention.  I wanted to scream out to her, but was just sitting in my car saying, "stop! stop!".  Thankfully, one of the other little boys came over and grabbed him just before he toddled into the street and a speeding car.  Thankfully I didn't see what could have been a major tradegy occur.  However, I keep wondering about all of those kids living there and what kind of environment it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment