Monday, December 19, 2011
Marriage
I just read this article about how fewer people are getting married and/or waiting longer to get married. I don't think this is a shock to most people. I am in that percentage of "older" singles. However, it's sad that so many young people think it is an obsolete institution... yet they think it's fine to have kids outside of marriage. This creates an environment that is less likely to result in healthy, well-adjusted children. I saw a study that said that children living with a mother and her boyfriend (even if it is the child's father) are more likely to be abused than if the couple were married. This is unfortunate not just for these kids, but for the rest of our society because everyone "pays" for it eventually. Marriage is not easy and perhaps that's why people prefer to ease of non-committal relationships. I hope that people will learn to become more intentional before getting married and that results in more successful marriages and good examples for all the young people out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment