Sunday, June 7, 2009

Testing

I took the fifth test in my series of seven on Thursday. This one has taken the longest to study for and is honestly the one I felt the most nervous about. The topic was structures which involves plenty of math (not my strong suit). I was about three hours into the five and a half hour allotted time when the computer malfunctioned. I was going along and reviewing some of the questions I had marked after the first pass and suddenly a screen popped up that said "TERMINATING". Then my test screen disappeared and it went to the blank home screen. I nearly had a heart attack. I immediately went to talk to the proctor who called someone (most likely in India) for help. After about 10 minutes or so they were able to recover my exam back to the place where I had left off. In the meantime, I was sitting out in the lobby area thinking that this was a nightmare and I didn't want to have to come back to retake this test. Why was this happening on this test?! Praise God for the technical person on the other end of the line who was able to fix the problem. I calmed down as much as I could and finished the exam. We'll see how I did in a couple months.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I think I would have had a hard time not using some... inappropriate language if that had happened to me. Good thing you are much more level-headed than I am!

    ReplyDelete