Friday, April 10, 2009
Music
I'm a music lover. I find great satisfaction in finding new music that I really like or in listening to old favorites. I subscribe to satellite radio so I can enjoy exactly what genre I'm in the mood for whenever I'm in the car. Occasionally, you'll find me listening to the latest pop stuff because it's fun to sing along with and it makes me want to dance. However, I've grown increasingly disturbed by the lyrics I'm hearing in the songs on those types of stations. The majority are filled with sexual overtones (you can't even call them innuendo because they are so in your face- or your ears). I find the tone of it all so unhealthy and repulsive. The other day I heard a new song which I really wanted to laugh at because the lyrics were so ridiculous. Yet, I also realized that many young people were probably blasting this song and singing right along with it and wanting to live what this guy was singing. I'm not going to name it here, but the theme of it is college as one big party- please do not let your kids listen to this song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment