Thursday, April 30, 2009
Embrace the Mystery
So the priest started out with a very provocative statement during his sermon last weekend. He said we need to be less problematic and more mysterious. I, for one, was very interested in where he was going with that one. Basically he was talking about the fact that it's human nature to think that event one plus event two should equal event three. We are linear thinkers. When faced with something, we want to solve it, plan for it, worry over it. However, God is mysterious and circular. The analogy the priest gave was that we may get sucked in at six o'clock and get spit out at one o'clock. It makes perfect sense to Him, but we're left wondering what just happened?! I've found this to be true when reflecting on my life and as we have all heard "hindsight is 20/20". I'm trying to embrace the mystery we call life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment