Friday, March 14, 2014

Lent

On the topic of Lent... I usually have good intentions of giving something up, but never seem to buckle down and take it as seriously as I would like.  This year, I decided to give up something that I knew would be difficult- television.  Yikes!  I was scared to make this move, but it's actually going pretty well.  I determined that I could watch tv if I was at the gym working out, so this also added some incentive to my fitness goals.  I also allow myself to watch movies (see my previous post) because I'm not a huge movie buff anyhow.  I used to turn the tv on when I got home from work to catch up on the news and then just ended up keeping it on most of the night.  I have noticed that I feel a little out of the loop on news stories, but I also realized most of the news isn't that big of a deal.  It has also given me time to tackle some books that I've been waiting to read.  I'm liking it! 

I also decided to follow this 40 Days of Decluttering thing I saw a friend post.  I have missed a couple days, but it has been exactly what I needed.  Focused time to get into my "stuff" and clear things out.  Each day I can choose what part of the house I want to tackle and try to get rid of things that I don't need, don't use, or are just plain old and worn out.  It feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment