Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Seeing Things
The other night I was driving home from my sister's house and I happened to see this quote on a sign: "Life is not measured in length, but depth." That struck me deeply on that night in particular because of the news my sister had received just the day before. She has leukemia. Our lives have been redirected unexpectedly. I am more concerned with the value of each and every day and creating moments of "depth". The next day I looked at that sign and the quote was gone. We live in a world that is fleeting and ever changing, but we have hope in the eternal God. I drive by the hospital nearly every day and before this happened I didn't think too much about it. Now as I travel by, I pray for the people and their families who are staying there. For their fears and pain. I pray for long and deep lives for those I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment