Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pizza

I love a good slice of pizza.  I subscribe to Midwest Living magazine and in this month's issue, they covered many Midwest Pizza Places.  I thought I'd share some that sounded especially fine and hopefully this post will serve as a reminder to visit them as I travel.  Pompeii Pizzeria in Elk River, MN creates a truly handmade pie from start to finish and they mentioned a dessert pizza with creme fraiche and lemon sugar that sounds fab.  Trattoria Flippin' Sweet in Kearney, NE sounds quirky and yummy.  Pizza with arugula, bacon, pistachios, garlic and fig butter?  Serve it up!  And finally Great Plains Sauce and Dough Company in Ames, IA caught my attention because they have a big crust and I love me some crust.  They also provide honey on the table to dip it in.  That reminds me of BeauJo's in CO which I adore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment