I've been thinking about how much we've come to see disposable items as the status quo in our culture. Plastic cups, plastic silverware, styrofoam plates, paper napkins... will we change our way of approaching life as prioritizing convenience over long-term consequences? I don't use a lot of paper towels at home. A roll will last me months. However, I use them everyday at work and it seems like such a waste. All I need to do is dry my wet hands and in order to do that, I have to generate trash. Recently, I saw Peopletowels. Interesting concept that could actually work if you were willing to carry your own towel with you. (Free shipping right now in honor of Earth Day!)
UPDATE:
I bought myself a Peopletowel and have been using it for about a week now. I find that it's really easy to just hang it up in my cubicle and take it with when I head to the ladies' room. If you work in an office I would definitely recommend it. I find that it's a very simple way to reduce waste.
No comments:
Post a Comment