Monday, February 21, 2011

Open Space

I watched a film (180 South) this weekend that reminded me how much I appreciate the opportunity to get outdoors and enjoy God's creation.  I feel so at home when I'm hiking in the mountains or just enjoying a beautiful view.  One of the people featured in the film said something along the lines of "...it's hard to simplify your life and it's so easy to make it complex...".  I find that to be true in my life.  Whether it's the personal belongings that fill my house or relationships I have, it's easy to let things get too complicated.  I've been in the mood to create more "open space" in my life lately.  I've been Spring cleaning my house and trying to cultivate honesty and openness with myself, with others, and with God.  If you're interested in literally creating open space, the movie also focused on people creating national parks in South America.  That's a pretty cool concept.     

No comments:

Post a Comment