Thursday, July 23, 2009
Meat & Veg
I can eat whatever I want for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't eat a lot of meat and I've found myself thinking many times that I should be a vegetarian. However, actually making the decision to do that has not happened. I have seen and heard many things that make me think I'd be doing the environment a favor by cutting the meat out of my diet. Earlier this week, I saw another story about overfishing and that made me think I should cut fish out of my diet too (not that I eat it often). The thing is, I don't see myself being a diehard vegetarian. I would still like a little grilled steak or burger in the summertime or something nice when I go out for dinner. So the question I need to answer is: should I just keep doing what I'm doing and eat meat in moderation or really go for it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think what you're doing is great. I remember a friend of mine telling us a year or so ago about how it is just recently (as in the last 75 year or so) that meat has become such a staple in meals. It used to be thought of as a treat, not something that was had at every single meal. That made sense to me. So now we only eat meat a couple times a week. We're not completely vegetarian, but our meat intake has decreased significantly and it has helped us economically too. But, we still eat meat for the iron and other benefits (including the simple taste of a cheeseburger) it has. Once we say we won't at all eat something, then isn't that the exact time we start to crave it? All. the. time. Right? Keep on going on, if you ask me.
ReplyDelete